Specializing in Eating Disorders, Recovery, Obesity and Body Image Issues
Recovery from an eating disorder requires a comprehensive approach addressing both psychological and physiological factors. Compassionate exploration of one’s relationship with food and his or her body coupled with clinical interventions are provided in a confidential and supportive environment.
- Binge Eating Disorder, Orthorexia, Bulimia Nervosa, Exercise Bulimia, Anorexia Nervosa, Unspecified Feeding or Eating Disorder (formerly ED NOS)
- Identifying triggers for eating disordered behavior.
- Developing healthier coping mechanisms for emotional dysregulation.
- Understanding how relationships with self and others, including family, play a role in development of eating disorder.
- Understanding physiological and psychological factors in development of eating disorders and obesity.
- Creating a balanced, healthy relationship with food and one’s body.
- Exploration of body image, beliefs about beauty standards.
- Developing a positive self-image in a culture that has very limiting ideas of what is considered beautiful.